Tuesday, September 22, 2009

As A Househusband Brings a Weekend Breakfast-In-Bed Tray to His Pooped-out Working Wife, Not Yet Disturbed by Their 8-Year-Old Daughter Still With Her Dreams ‘Bout the Zoo

Scintillating frying consonance was here for you, my love.
As are butter now on toast, pink pomelo juice, instant coffee.
I have not bathed yet in the Tuscan tan of your chamber, love,
Nor have I yet found you. Nor the dryer, nor our petting zoo.

Did you hear her door open, floor watchfully creaking? She
Won’t smell semen, you won’t be sore or cry for heaven, mere
Scintillating assonance of words, love, is here for thee. And
Me. But let’s exclude me in the picture’s focus. Allure may be

The name of the game I’ll be playing onwards, but it won’t be
A lame dissonant perturbance encumbered with noisy, biting
Crustaceans. I may not have bathed yet for the danger of our
Daughter’s waking up, love, and I may now only be thinking

Of you, but I’ll soon take care of the laundry in the dryer, the
Cat/dog food in our zoo. Then wake Mia, our current focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment