Sunday, September 13, 2009

Art Audiences

a. When art becomes synonymous with expensive

“Artisan”’s quite a trade expression now, almost like mindless
Slang or a bitchy platitude, a vociferous, confident assumption
Or a tic like unplanned masturbation. But while many artisans
Have eyes fully aware of the exclusive politics around their
Macaroons of craftsmanship, the majority of our people
Simply don’t care about the pastry chef’s churning out recipes
To make his/her baking sweat, wake eaters’ sweet palate,
Make them eat his/her cake while making them all own it!

b. When artworks become more important than the artist

I am a critic, with another set of tics. The politics around the
Picket, the racket, the rocket of artistic dancing and sulking is
My job, my eyes’ slippery candy. Who am I talking to? Good
Question. For whilst others see my essays’ expression,
Artisans’d merely shrug on their rugs, carry on with their
Masturbatory squirts, vomits, and farts. I’d say, in my turn,
“I don’t expect artisans to have neither minds nor hearts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment