Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A National Artist Award Nominee Secretly To the Envied Award Winner

I am, like you, awash in a stream of pride and insecurities,
like you, co-opted by industries to present his tawdry human
résumé, account executive appeal, an enigma and/or shit
upon this earth that only wants to pretend life’s so pretty.
I am, like you, a corruptible artisan, willing to ass-bend
for someone’s fingering of my soul with books’ aesthetics,
patrons that we are to a common taste we lyricize as brooks.

With this Martian caliber of mine, I shoot a mirror’s smile
with alacrity, uniform praise being your ideal for proper
friendships, lordship that you are, avatar to an ego’s model,
filigreed film of a flatulent fornicator with fiefdoms, pre-
1780 Kantian diminished-rights non-criticality, your
astuteness put asunder, leavened bread to your fame.
Hunger, the plumbing for restless arts, carves sibilance

from acquaintances, rascals, even pederasts, lifelines to
aristocrats, and I sense endless abominable courtesies.
I am, like you, a waterfall of recurrent pride, insecurities.

No comments:

Post a Comment