Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Myth of Religious Tolerance

Penumbral neoliberal libertarians. Noah’s seven laws.
Interlucate calls from intermediaries? Funerary! Infirm
Catechism! You loathe the candidate sewing ties to
Condoms and “lies,” saying, “surely there are other
Minds”? Let me broach other similar themes, provide
Antonyms and homonyms, that I may stay awake.
Southern lights, o scientific lights, make peace please

With the Christian hegemony. Oh, climate-changing
North wind, o silly wind chimes, ring me a bell for a
Fecund lecture-hall ceremony. Fight! Til the day we die,
We’ll be sibilant and flatulent both at the same time in
These hours of our lives, amour. Amour, yes. Amour I
Said as though we’re Catholic French, the long breads
We carried from camp to camp, silly as silly could be.

But no—we knew better, and so southerly we went
Toward Aussie bushfires, away from our northern
Druthers, me, you and my Pop art, forever and ever.
And where’s Amir? Amir, d’you remember? Christian
Crusaders were fencing with Moorish marauders, all
Fabulous, caricaturesque beauty for cinema! What
Campy creatures! Oh, I loathe candidates, ties with

Corporations, lookism! And lies! Surely these Other
Minds, debating, “will die”? Ahahahahahahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment