Wednesday, August 19, 2009

To Philip Roth

What now, what now, dull am I in highbrow articulations.
Come now, come now, defend the salacious with some
Inebriation? I too am getting tired of all this rhyming,

So can we detour to a broader picture, cameras on a
Kidnapping, notebooks on the noggin? However, I was
With reporters the other night and, guess what, the rhyme

Did fall on a lime juice & Gin Hold Up care of a flow
With no intention of putting up a friggin’ show in those
Brackish afterhours. But then I sensed subliminal 

Subsumptions, and so proposed a creaturely cheer on an
Asshole’s hobnobbing with art’s eyes while side-glancing
Toward a pretty execution. Until I, too, bellicose while

Ephemeral, there ranted pedantically, argued with the
Stanzas till my poetry clapped, salacious and highbrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment