Sunday, August 16, 2009

Perennial Measure 2

A perennial incredulity, really a vow, to oneself, to a god,
But really more out of habit, expecting none to love all this
Quick, lasting, and non-fasting fracas of vowels and non
     sequiturs.

This is the cramming justification I offer all my ghost fans to
     the brim:
Devour everything from nothing! I exist not here, relentless
     though
I am in this surveying the land with my rebellious sextants;

Listen not, for I’m not here; I’ll read not, I’ll see you there—
I write for the luxury of having done my non-responsibility,
Earning for myself tickets to go home, having saved private

Whining, dining alone, blogging along like a fool, like a
     retired tool
Of an absentee Muse of communication fantasy, keyboard-
     stomping
Like one possessed by the devils of a sea devoid of fishes,

Enjoying the doldrums solely, a man in bikini, sharks’ envy
Whose hungers keep lurking around in the deepest sound of
     hollows.

No comments:

Post a Comment