Monday, August 24, 2009

Nursemaid to an Adolescent Human Child

God’s human, too, so:
To gargle prevarications for paeans
Is symmetry of gargantuan mere assumptions,
Not a way to follicular fruits for success on Earth.

I was aiming for jocularity
When I heard the church bells, but was advised
Promptly by my nursemaid cousin to hush down
For humanoid focus, no parricide in mind.

And gratitude for my soup kitchen’s greige!
Ingrato, you say, and I say blah blah
Blah, you’re super-unsatisfactory in
Love, e’en by seminary methods.

In the end, there are the shout-outs
At the cyber-park we seldom visit but must
Get to now in a huff. What hosiery
Are you wearing just now, huh,

Demoiselle d’Avignon?
God’s human, too, I keep saying,
He wouldn’t care if I cry a bucket,
Lockets in my jacket, he wouldn’t know

Even what I’m all about, all around me
Stairs and heaven concepts and hell’s
Angels in bikes and skateboards, parents
Abroad, and neither would he believe

I much need his help, believing as
Is his wont, I’m doin’ okay in my bed, but
How could I be when he’s always playing dead,
Or pretending to sleep, one eye open to take a peek?

No comments:

Post a Comment